This privacy statement discloses what information we gather, how we use it, and how to correct or change it. It is our intention to give you as much control as possible over your privacy in regard to your Information. Be assured that we will not disclose personal Information to third parties without your consent. By using our site, you agree to the terms of the Terms and Conditions and our Privacy Statement. Visa Authority Ltd reserves the right to expand and/or modify this Statement at any time.
Visa Authority Ltd is registered with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office for transparency in how we collect and use your personal data.
Visa Authority Ltd shall only use your data for the purposes for which it is provided or for purposes to which you have consented. We comply with the principles of the Data Protection Act which are – any data gathered is:
- Fairly and lawfully processed
- Processed for limited purposes
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Accurate not kept longer than necessary
- Processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Employment details and other travel history.
- Other information relevant to your visa application
- Credit card transactions are processed through one of the major third-party credit card processing companies. All your information is encrypted and is used only to complete the appropriate transactions. Our database stores only the last four digits of your credit card to complete the verification and approval process.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer financial details with any 3rd parties.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to forward to embassies for your visas and to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.